Emma's teacher called yesterday to give me the rest of the story. She sat the 4 girls down that ate lunch together on Friday. She asked them if what she was told was true. All the kids said that it was true. Except one part... Emma forgot to tell me that Ashlyn said she was joking. Teacher said, joking or not. We do not say that, she said that when those words are spoken people can misunderstand and feelings can get hurt and parents can get upset. She told them that I was very upset and that Emma feelings were hurt and she said that it is to be expected. She also asked Emma why she didn't tell me all of the story. Emma said that she "forgot" that part. Ashlyn was crying, so I hope it is all over now. I still think she needs to get into marshal arts for the confidence building. Does anyone else have any confidence booster ideas? -Ma
2 comments:
Wow, that is tough; all I've tried to do is just remind them to ignore kids that threaten them and to tell us immediately. Also to befriend lots of kids so that different kids want to befriend them. I hope she can find a really good friend soon that would help with her confidence because kids tend to believe other kids...
I vote for martial arts, lol!
Glad the teacher was able to handle this. I hope the other girls will put it behind them and turn a new leaf. How does Emma feel about the meeting?
Post a Comment