Sometimes I think I compare myself to others too much. The kids in our neighborhood learn to ride their bikes at age two without training wheels.
Then I have to remind myself that we don't have to keep up with the "Jones". Everyone is different and we all learn at different speeds.
My kids learn to ride their bikes at age seven.
David learned because he was just ready. Emma went out back and acted as a coach for David.
And well, he figured it out.
He now asks to ride his bike every day.
He is still learning how to ride and look both ways before crossing the road. And that scares me.
However, I am so proud of him. And he is proud of himself. I think it's so cute that he sticks out his tongue as he concentrates.
1 comment:
Bike riding is one of those areas that I felt like I failed in too. My children just didn't have the same bike exposure as other kids did, especially my neices and nephews. Haylee learned to ride hers at 6 and Trent just learned to ride his a few months ago at age 7. On the other hand, Laycee and Logan already understand the concept, so I think it has to do with exposure to a bike. Congrats David!
Post a Comment