Saturday, February 19, 2011

You Have a Special Place

The other day I was at the store and I looked at all 5 of my children and as I looked at them I didn't really feel out numbered. I am sure that when others look at my family walking through the isles at Walmart they are thinking 'WOW do they have their hands full!' I am sure it looks overwhelming.
  • An 8 year old that is good and stays to herself till she wants to play stomp on each others feet (they only play this game at the store).
  • A 7 year old that always has music in his head, and many times it comes out in full force.
  • A 5 year old that is sad most of the time because some one else got to get something that day and she NEVER gets anything and it is just sooo sad.
  • A 3 year old that has more energy than any of us put together. He always wants to RUN!
  • And a newborn that I rarely keep in a car seat carrier because I love to hold him close.

But through my eyes I see...

  • An 8 year old that loves her independence, but still loves to hold her mom's hand. She loves her time alone at home but she is quick to help when she is needed.
  • A 7 year old that loves to make me laugh and one that will question us when he doesn't agree with what is being said. He loves to do what is right and he will try his best to make the best decision.
  • A 5 year old that has got a lot of spunk, she is quick to disagree unless her big sister thinks otherwise. She wants so much to be big, I over hear her saying to her baby brother, "it's okay, mama's got ya, you'll be okay sweetie."
  • A 3 year old that is as stubborn as a mule, but of course he is because he has got so much independence in him that he would go crazy if he had to follow all of the rules. For goodness sakes he's got a mind of his own and he will use it!
  • And a beautiful newborn that is just wonderful unless he has gas or he has eaten too much.
  • And I can't forget my husband who loves his family. He keeps us laughing, he works so hard. He is passionate about all that he does.
  • Then there is me, the mom that does have her hands full but tries to fake it most of the time. A couple Sunday's ago I was asked to give the closing prayer in church. I had just gotten all of my kids folding their arms and I had my arms folded my head bowed and eye's even closed. When I got a tap on my shoulder and someone saying, "were you supposed to give the closing prayer." I was embarrassed, but I was laughing at the situation as soon as it happened. I know my hands are full. But they are full with love, tears, hard work.
Each member of the Hardy Family has a special place and I am so glad that we have each other. I wouldn't trade any of this for anything.

No comments: