Let me just say she was wonderful! She heard what I said. I told her that I was not too concerned about the possible food allergy. I am more concerned about him not being able to poop.
So, this is what she said... She told me that sometimes when babies get backed up their intestine gets stretched out making it so he cannot use his intestine properly. We need to get him pooping consistently so that his insides can heal then they can work again. So, she said that I can give Bryan 1 to 2 ounces of prune, apple or pear juice-straight, no water added. She also prescribed miralax (this is what I asked the doctor for last time and she said she doesn't want to give it to babies.) However, the nurse told me that the stuff I was given the Lactalose, it sometimes will not work all it will do is cause the baby to be gassy.
I told her my thoughts about the blood spit up and the rash around his mouth being just a yeast infection. She agreed that that could be what happened. However when I went off the dairy and soy, Bryan was so much more content. Here is my thought on that. Our bodies don't digest dairy that well. As my uncle has said, "Cow milk is not for humans, it is for cows." He told me this back in 1998. I agreed with him then as I do now... it just tastes yummy!! Ice cream!! I have lost inches on my body because I have gone off of milk, I would like to stay away from the stuff. I think I will be healthier without it.
So, I am hoping that we are able to fix the pooping problem. Oh, she also told me that I can slowly go back on the foods I have been off. She said that if it were her she would stay away from dairy and soy till he is a year old.
Gotta get little Bryan needs my attention. He hasn't pooped in 3 days now and he needs to get it out. Poor guy.
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good office visit! Keep us updated.
Post a Comment