I am going to start with a little background that led us to where we are now.
My son Jacob was about 1 year old he loved to walk around with socks in his hands, he had to be fully dressed in the morning socks and shoes too.
At 18 months to 2 years he told me how he wanted his hair cut.
At 3 he couldn't stand going to stores he would scream the whole time we were in the store.
At 3 he was potty trained all day and all night. However he would not go number 2 in the toilet. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why.
At 3 doctors said, "just wait till he goes to school, teachers are trained to know if children are having difficulty.
At 4 he started wetting the bed.
At 4 he had an ocd obsession of washing his hands every 5 minutes. If he was touched or brushed up against he would again wash his hands.
At 4 his teacher said he was just like any other child.
At 4 doctors said, "this should pass."
At 5 he could only wear clothes that fit just right. Pants had to be a certain length and a certain tightness, short sleeve shirts had to hit his arms just right and they had to hit his pants just in the right spot.
At 5 he complained of stomach pains.
At 5 he would go number 2 in the toilet but he wouldn't sit he would stand and lean. And forget about wiping.
At 5 if our day started out different than other days, he would have an emotional breakdown, and it would last for a very long time.
At 5 I found a book called "The Out of Sync Child" it fit him so well. I thought he has a sensory processing disorder.
At 5 he would scream cry and hit because he did not want to go to school.
At 5 his teachers still thought he functioned normally once he got passed leaving mom.
At 5 doctors rolled their eyes at me, the paranoid mother.
At 5 he was constipated most all the time.
At 6 I had the school test Jacob for Autism. They said, "he has a few of the autistic behaviors but he is not autistic."
At 6 we met a doctor who said, take him off wheat.
At 6 I started thinking maybe he has an allergy to wheat.
At 6 we moved.
At 7 he complained of his joints and neck hurting.
At 7 he complained of feeling weak. He would walk and then like a rag doll fall to the floor.
At 7 he was so constipated he would cry, it would take his as long as 4 days to pass his stool.
At 7 years 1 month we took him off wheat.
At 7 his body was able to push out the excess poop. He pooped 3 or 4 times a day, sometimes more.
At 7 he stopped wetting his bed.
At 7 he could wear more than one outfit.
At 7 he started wiping his own bottom.
At 7 years 5 months he was tested for celiacs, as the doctor rolled her eyes at me. Results were negative.
However we put him back on wheat for 3 days before the test was done. We noticed all of his bad habits coming back.
He had a temper again.
He was getting constipated again.
He came into the kitchen on the 3rd day and said as his hands were in the air around his head, "Mom, I just feel so.... sensitive." His hair was even bothering him.
He could only wear one outfit again.
Going to school was a hard task again.
Doctors made me feel like I was the crazy over protective mother. I couldn't get them to understand what I was saying about him feeling sensitive. I was "mom diagnosing". Sensory Processing Disorder was high on the list. Celiacs disease was close to the top too. I've read so many books on kid disorders, looked online trying to find answers.
At 7 years 9 months we took Jacob to get his blood analysed at Divine Nature.
I did not tell the man doing the analyzing any of my concerns. This is what he said.
The one drop of blood that was put under the microscope told him.
Jacobs blood is clumped together.
He has too much protein in his blood. This is screaming that he has some kind of allergy.
The protein likes to sit in joints and neck and shoulders causing joint pain and neck pain and head aches.
And then eventually will start eating away at his muscles.
WHAT!!! WHAT DID THIS MAN JUST TELL ME? DID HE TELL ME ALL THE THINGS THAT I HAVE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT JUST BY LOOKING AT ONE DROP OF BLOOD?
I did not even have to tell him.
The issue is, we as a whole are eating too much processed, cooked foods. Our bodies only come with so many enzymes. Once those enzymes are gone we can't get them back. Our stomach lining gets destroyed, we can not digest our food. We get what is called leaky gut.
So what do we do about Jacob, we give him enzymes and probiotics.
Jacob is a very picky eater so we also give him supplements, freeze dried fruits and veggies and probiotic in powder form that we mix with juice. We also give him another supplement that has protein in it and more veggies, lentles, flax seed and other great stuff.
While at the office, Jacob was very nervous. (He has been sneaking his siblings wheat treats.) He would come up to me and say, "Mom, I'm ready to go, Mom, lets go please." Then he would pace the floor, come back to me repeat what he had previously said, then pace the floor some more.
The man helping us said, "Is he usually like this?"
I said, "only when he has been eating wheat."
He said, "well, keep him on these supplements and that will get better also."
He also said, "once his stomach is healed he should be able to eat wheat again."
I am so excited for what is to come.
3 comments:
Wow! I'm so happy that somebody finally figured that out and that it's treatable! That's amazing! :)
So glad you are getting help!! Keep documenting!!
Definitely keep your history going. That was very VERY interesting. Also, I'm glad to finally know you're not crazy. ;)
Post a Comment