It is so fun to have chickens. The only complaint I have right now is that when it is humid out our back yard smells like a barn yard. I don't like the smell, eh.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Chicken's
We have got some great chickens. Last night we were at the movies till 10:30. I asked Pa if he could check on the chicks and close the coop. Sometimes the coop door will close during the day. That was just what happened yesterday. The chicks were not able to get into there coop to go to sleep. So, they were very resourceful. One was on top of the coop and the other 3 managed to get into the tree that hangs fairly low over their coop. Pa saw the first one right away, but he felt very nervous when he didn't see the other "ladies" right away. As I walked out he notice them up in the tree. He got them down but when he tried to put them in there coop he said that they were holding onto his arm so tight (they can't see very well in the dark). The last one (she has always been bigger than the rest and a little more aggressive). She pecked at Pa a couple of times before he was able to get her down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment