Friday, March 20, 2009

What's this? A fence??


A fence, a fence it's now up!!  We don't have a gate, sorry kids!!  However as the fence was going up, the little feet found out how they can get in.  Do you see the stairs on the play set?  They work there way up them and over.  They know better, so it is done rarely!  And Jacob can't figure out how to get over.  Yea!!


Our pretty flowers will will now flourish, because little feet will not trample!




Our pea's will get plump, little fingers will not take and eat before ready.


We will get green beans, this will be fun!!


The pretty flowers will stay on the tomato plant so we can taste the goodness of a tomato.


The chickens will stay away from the strawberries.


It amazes me how a plant can grab on to wire.  Isn't it beautiful.  These are our new pea plants.


Our lettuce is overgrown because it is bitter.  We really need to figure out why it gets this way.


Oh no what is this?  Mushrooms.  eeeeew.


Sorry not the best picture of the mushrooms.  They are in the middle at the top of the picture.  
-Ma

3 comments:

Lexi said...

I was thinking about your garden and the kids running through it, when I plant mine, I think I will add a little fence guard as well

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks great. One thing I've heard for making things (like lettuce) less bitter is to add copper to the soil...but I have no idea where you get some. (Garden supply store?)

Mushrooms...yuck! If it makes you feel better, I've read that most are actually beneficial to plants (help retain moisture, break down nutrients). But they aren't very pretty to look at!

Chandy said...

Maybe not the edible kind, so yes, ewww... I love how you have a garden. It looks so cool; I can just stare at it all day. I'm so envious! I can't wait to see how your garden flourishes and gives you a great bounty soon enough!