Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dinosaurs


Last night was a rough night for everyone to get to sleep.  Once we were all finally asleep and in one of those really good sleeps.  In comes David.  He woke up from his slumber and wanted to sleep in my room.  Oh it was probably only 3 am!  I set up a bed for him on the floor and we go back to sleep.  

About 30 minutes later David is at my bedside once again only this time he is asking me if I could stop snoring.  He said, 

"Mom, will you stop snoring?  I keep dreaming about dinosaurs, you sound like a dinosaur Mom."  

I reply, I will do my best honey.



Pa has been telling me that I am the worst snorer ever and that we should really see if we can get me to stop.  Maybe it is time to buy something that may help.  

Any suggestions?  -Ma

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is too funny!

It must be genetic because Paul has the same problem. What has helped is a very loud noisy air filter that is right by my head as I sleep. Most "light" snores get drowned out.

We've found that the snoring is worse when he's sleeping on his back. So we've thought about sewing a tennis ball into the back of his shirt - then if he rolls onto his back he wouldn't be comfortable. But that takes too much effort. My elbow jabbing his side can make things mighty uncomfortable too and it takes no forethought! LOL


I know that probably doesn't help much - but I do feel David's pain!

Chandy said...

That's funny of him to say! My hubby's the one who snores loud over here. I have to nudge him to ease up his breathing.

Try Breathe Right nasal strips and they even have the throat sprays now.

Here's the link:
http://www.breatheright.com/products/snore_solutions.asp

Lexi said...

my dad got his adnoids taken out to cure his snoring problem. I think it is do funny he was dreaming about dinosaurs though

DiAnna said...

Have a sleep study done. I know tons of people who have had them done and they have been diagnosed with anything from sleep apnea to restless leg syndrome to nothing. The ones who were diagnosed were either put on meds or given a machine to help. As a result quite a few of them are very well rested and have lost a ton of weight!