June 13, 2009
Once upon a time, about 3 years ago the MONSOONS came through our neighborhood. It knocked over our 40 foot eucalyptus tree, luckily the tree fell on the other 40 foot eucalyptus tree. Now I hope I am not telling a lie, I think they were about 40 feet. I will have to check.
Okay, anyways. The tree fell over and we had to get a chain saw. We went to Home Depot, they were closed because the storm took their electricity. We then went to Sears, they were out of chain saws'. We went to Lowes and they were out of them too. All of the stores were closed after that so we had to wait till morning in hopes that the other tree did not give out and fall on the neighbors house.
The next morning we got "the" chain saw. Pa was like a little boy getting his first bike.
He has a power tool!!
And he couldn't be more proud.
He loves his chain saw!
When it comes time to use it one can see the excitement radiate from him. We never use this cactus. We gave transplants to those who wanted some, so now it is time to say good bye.
Pa, got to use his toy!
And boy did he have fun!
Clean up was tough, but he was a good sport.
Ah, now we just have three stumps to get out. We have found that spraying high pressure water around the stump it will come out with a little wiggling.
-Ma
2 comments:
What is it with guys and tools? The look on their faces just makes it all worth it, though. :) I think Jeremy's favorite tool is his torch. It's just a little one, but he has way too much fun with it. :)
He does look happy with that chain saw! LOL You had a lot of cactus! Glad it's the nopales kind, easy to get rid of the thorns than the other varieties.
Charlie's power tools are used on the plane and he needs a lot! So yes, I see that "radiance" come out a lot. LOL
Post a Comment