Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Love Roundabouts...


MAYBE!

Everyday I drive my kids to school.

Everyday I drive through two roundabouts.

Everyday I have to drive on the defense.

Today, I was almost squished by a trailer. The driver switched lanes, so I went beside him. He didn't notice me, so he cut corners and nearly squished me. That was on the first roundabout.

When I came up to the second round about I decided to stay back a little for he might do it again...

People on the second roundabout assume way too much!! There are many times that I come very close to being hit, but I think today was the closest encounter.

I need to go straight, but for some reason everyone assumes that I will be turning to get on the freeway.

So, I am going straight, and a car nearly hits the passenger side of my van. I break because if they are going to hit me, they are going to hit me in a good spot where they wont hurt any of my kids.

I think they were 2 inches from hitting me.

I mumble under my breath then as we drive a little further David said, "Mom, it sure was a good thing that we didn't catch on fire."

I asked him if he saw the car almost hit us, he said, "Ya, it's a good thing it didn't."

Yes, David it IS a good thing it didn't.

Today, I was reminded that I need to keep all of my kids on the drivers' side of the van.

Today, I am thankful that we are all safe.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Goodness! I'm thankful you're safe too! I despise roundabouts.

Christine said...

I also keep meaning to say - you're an awesome friend and I'm so thankful for you. Thanks for all your sweet comments.