I have never really been one that really likes shopping. My Mom might say otherwise, in my younger years I remember trying to force myself to be like other girls and like shopping but I just have never really gotten into it.
Today after dropping the kids off at school, I was turning a corner. The corner across from me is Home Depot. I think my heart jumped a beat. I felt as if Home Depot was calling out to me. It was saying, "come, explore my isles full of projects just waiting to be done!"
I didn't go.
But I really wanted to.
I really like the satisfaction I get when I am able to build or fix something around the house. Or plant something in the yard. I love to look at the beauty of something that has been completed and I did it!! Of course I usually have the help of my husband, and many times I get to just watch him do it while I keep the kids out of trouble.
Last week I was able to help a friend build a chicken coop. That was fun. It took us all day and it was a very simple one, but the satisfaction was wonderful. We didn't need our husband's help. We just worked very hard and got it done!!
What a wonderful feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment