Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dyes


A couple of weeks ago we bought some "sugar" cereal. Not the norm for us, we usually get Cheerios or Life or granola.

The "sugar" cereal that I bought was Captin Crunch Berries, ya all know that when you eat that cereal you get GREEN coming out the other end. My kids all know it because when they start to eat any of these cereals they mention what will happen.

The purpose of this story is... My diaper wearing child ate the said cereal. The inside of his diaper was indeed green, as I wiped his cute little tush the DYE STAYED ON HIS BUM! Seriously, I could not get it off. Then I think... what is this stuff doing to the inside of our bodies?

Pa and I watched a movie called Food Inc. it is a very informative movie if you ever get a chance to watch it, it will really make you think about what you are eating.

And if anyone is interested I could point you in the right direction to get all natural beef.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That is so funny! And kind of sad. Now I'm glad I avoid Captain Crunch (I don't like it). But I wonder if other cereals are just as bad! Probably.

Lara Neves said...

I never noticed that...or at least, I never put it together. We don't ever have dyed cereals. Like once a year. :)