Emma Turned 8 last month.
She was also baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I really feel that this should be a choice that she can make on her own. So, I called up the full time missionaries for our area and had them come over and teach her the missionary lessons.
I think the missionaries and Emma had a lot of fun with these lessons.
Before Emma was baptized I asked her to write down what she was feeling. She was very cranky about this because, well she was very worried about some thing. This is what she wrote,
Today I'm getting bathptized.
I'm feeling scared and kind of nervous because
I don't want to go all the way under the water,
because I don't like going in the water.
After she was baptized, I asked her how she felt.
She said, "I'm cold mom."
The water was warm, but coming out of the water with all of those
wet cloths on made her cold. We couldn't get them off fast enough.
She was the first one baptized out of a group of 5.
She was the only girl.
Emma was baptized by her Dad, Grandpa Nyman and Grandpa Hardy were the witnesses.
Then she was given the gift of the Holy Ghost by her Father also. Those that stood in the circle were, the full time missionaries Elder Rice and Elder (I will fill this in later, I hope), Uncle Paul, Uncle Jon, Grandpa Nyman, Grandpa Hardy, and Bishop Parker.
We then went home for cake and ice cream. Grandma Norgard made this fun rainbow cake. It goes along with a primary song,
I like to look for Rainbows when ever there is rain,
And ponder on the beauty of an earth make clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
Grandma Norgard made a beautiful dress for Emma and these are 3 of the 200 plus photos that her Pa took.

My Three White Dresses
My Mom (Grandma) made me a white dress,
Not red or pink or blue,
She said it was a special dress
Like very other few,
There has been just one before,
A dress now put away,
That I wore some time ago
Upon my blessing day.
As a little baby clothed in my first white dress,
My dad held me in his arms,
There to name and bless.
So pure and clean was I just then,
With time to grow and learn
About the Father's plan for me.
My glory I must earn.
Now I've reached the age to judge
The wrong road from the right,
And I am here to be baptized
In this dress of white.
So once again I'm free from sin.
The path is clear to me.
I'll grasp the rod and hold on tight,
I vow with certainty.
Just as mud would stain my dress,
Sin would stain my soul.
The key is to repent or bleach,
For whiteness is my goal.
And if I try my very best,
Then richly blessed I'll be,
Wearing inside God's holy house
White dress number three,
So today I make this pledge:
I'll strive to choose the right,
Through this sacred baptism ordinance
In my second dress of white.
I am so proud of Emma. I can see what a wonderful person she is becoming. She is a great helper around the house and with her siblings. She knows what she wants to do and she is not afraid to do it. She is strong willed and I think that could help her in many ways. When she was a baby, maybe 6 months old. My Auntie Molly was watching her for me. Aunt Molly was getting her dressed and she was trying to put on Emma's shoes. Emma was okay with one shoe going on but darn it all she didn't want that other shoe on because that shoe was for her and for those gums that needed to teeth on something. No no matter what Aunt Molly tried to do she couldn't get that shoe. Auntie Molly said to me after that something to the effect of, "ya know if you are able to do things just right, you can help her become a very strong lady that can do many great and wonderful things." I know that she is right.


2 comments:
Hooray for Emma! I'm glad it was such a nice day. :)
yeah! haylee hasn't been baptized yet, we are hoping to do it while Dave is home next month, but we will see if that works out or not. I think the missionary discussions were a good idea, i think so often children do what is expected and not really understand the decision. Congrats on your first baptism!
Post a Comment