I guess it is time for our big announcement!!!
We are expecting our 5th baby!!
Found out last week, or was it the week before that we will be having a
BOY!
We are so excited to have another little one in our house. Jacob with be 3 1/2 by the time the baby comes. That will be my biggest gap in babies. Jacob is almost fully potty trained, so that means I will get to have just a baby in diapers. That will be wonderful!
When I first found out I was expecting I was trying to enjoy being pregnant but also trying to think of all of the reasons I don't like being pregnant. Because I figured this would be our last baby. So I didn't want to feel the temptation of wanting to be pregnant again. Now that we find out we are having a boy, I can relax... because I know there is a little girl wanting to come to our family, so I think I will get to have this amazing experience at least one more time. I am happy about that, just a little concerned about how old I will be...
On to other news.
The economy has hit us.
Pa lost his job the last day of June.
I think we are all taking it well.
I was stressed for the longest time, but for the first time in my life I was able to feel my burdens lifted. I felt the love of our Heavenly Father take the weight that I was feeling.
I know that all will work out.
I know that Heavenly Father is with us.
I know that he is happy with the way we are living.
I know that he will put something in our path that will be better than what we have now.
I know that as long as I have my family I will be happy.
I have an amazing husband and children that are the best for me.
We are blessed!
So, with that said.
They say, "It is not what you know, but who you know that matters."
He was working as Multimedia designer. Web design, Instructional graphics and photography.
So, if anyone knows of something please let us know. Even if it's something different.
Also if it's in a cooler climate we would LOVE that!!
During all of this we have become a closer family.
It has been a great summer to be able to spend so much time together.
We didn't want it to end.
The kids started school again.
Emma is in 3rd grade.
Can you believe it? She is in 3rd grade!
David is in 1st grade, he is getting so big too.
He is the size of a 3rd grader.
I didn't put Abby into school.
I don't think either one of us is ready.
My kids really don't like going to school.
And quite frankly, I don't like them being gone for so long.
Ya know, they go to school for 7 hours, 7 hours!
7 hours where another person gets to have my child.
Where they are basically teaching them what they feel is right or wrong.
7 hours of being with other kids that don't always treat each other kindly.
Then they come home and they need to do homework.
So, Emma gets home and well she needs some down time.
AS WE ALL WOULD!
Then she has to do homework.
She has to read for 20 to 30 minutes
Then she has spelling words to practice.
Then she has to practice her memorizing poem.
Then she has 1 or 2 worksheets to do that are on both sides of the paper.
This takes her 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete.
I can't imagine what it would be like if I had her in a dance class or something of that nature.
So, here is my plan.
I am looking into homeschooling my little ones.
I can't even believe that I,
a person that runs from anything that is scheduled,
is thinking of homeschooling.
But I am.
And I think I will be good at it.
As soon as I finish training myself to have a change of heart and mind.
So, as I am taking this path to homeschooling my children
I started another blog.
Just to keep track of what I have done and am doing.
So, the new blog is,
I am trying to come up with a deadline of when I want to pull them out of school.
I hope it is soon.
I miss them terribly when they are gone.
5 comments:
Congratulations on the new baby. And I'm sorry about the job, but you do have a wonderful attitude, and it's true. Everything does work out and it will all be okay.
And good for you on homeschooling. I could never do it. :)
congrats on the new baby!! I have to admit I am jealous lol, but our turn for baby #5 will come one day...
Im sorry to hear about the job, if I hear of anything, I will let you know. My husband has looked at usajobs.gov a few times. There may be something on there, but you would probably have to relocate.
Yeah for homeschooling! Hey did you know that your school district does a free distance learning program. My sister in law did it last year becuase she didn't want her kids to go to their out of district school again. She said it is pretty good, that might help you get started... I donno, but then it is all at home which is nice.
Good luck with homeschooling! It can be so, so rewarding.
We'd still love for you guys to move to Globe. :) The mine is mining again, so there have been lots of openings. I'm not sure how it is now, but...
I'm anxious to see how things work out for you guys!
And congrats again on the new little guy. :)
Wow! I don't visit for a while and when I do, I read this awesome news! Congratulations! Sorry about the job... A better one is definitely out there and wish it lands on your lap soon.
Enjoy your pregnancy!
Congrats on the baby! I'm sorry about the job too. I appreciated your thoughts on the subject though and how Heavenly Father really is in charge & takes care of us. I hope something turns up for him soon.
I admire your desire to homeschool. There are a lot of reasons I would like to do it but it's just not something I can take on right now and my kids would think they were being punished if I kept them from going to school. :) I do have several friends who do it though and they love it. You'll be great at it!
Post a Comment