When I delivered Jacob he was a 9 pound baby. His head came out fine but his shoulders just didn't want to. So, he ended up breaking his clavicle. He is fine and always has been. He is a very tough boy!! So, the new doctors office is saying that they would like to have an ultra sound done at 35 or 36 weeks, so they can see how big the baby has gotten and then they can find out if we need to induce labor or what we will need to do so we can avoid broken bones, and a difficult labor and delivery. So, right now I am 26 weeks along. That means that if they do need to induce labor we could have a baby in about 12 weeks. Can I just ask, how did this pregnancy go so fast? Where has this year gone?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Pa and I have been going to a parenting class. It goes for 6 weeks it is call, Learning to Parent with Love and Logic. I like what I am learning. But it is hard to go against my helicopter mom style of parenting. I really want to be there for my kids and help them any way that I can. And at the class they are saying to give the child choices (that is good), and to let them mess up and even hope that they mess up so they are wiser as they grow older (this makes sense too). The sad thing is that all the things I have been learning makes total sense, I just want to "do" more for my kids, pick up after them, pick out their clothes in the morning, nag them about getting things done (because I don't want to use my energy to follow threw with the consequence). I have a lot to work on...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been thinking a lot lately about the signs of the times. About what has been going on with our government and what has been going on with we the people. So many of us have lost our jobs, our cars, our homes. Even though it is tough, it is kind of exciting. Because we are a part of history. I think about the great depression and how our ancestors wrote in their journals about how hard it was and how they were able to get thru. Right now we could really use their advice, their stories. Things that our grandparents have told us for years all those things that have been ignored because they were too old fashioned, well, now it really is time to listen to those that have gone before us. It is exciting to think that we get to experience all this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I get to go to the temple and clean it for 3 hours next week. What an honor, what a privilege.
Some might think I am crazy to think this, but I find it an honor when I am even able to clean a chapel. The respect that I feel towards these buildings, I am excited to be a part of a cleaning crew.
Gotta get!
No comments:
Post a Comment