Monday, November 1, 2010

Poop

So, I've got the last load of laundry going. My 3 year old informs me that he just pooped in his underwear. I cleaned him up. Then my 8 year old comes in and says, "Mom, I just pooped in my panties." I say, "Oh, that is nice. You need to clean it up." So, she does. She has had diarrhea today.

Now, the laundry is a very exciting thing to almost accomplish!! Yeah, 3 cheers for me! But, now I am contemplating, the gross pooped on cloths are rinsed off really well, but they are gross... I should probably wash them too.

I am thankful that my 8 year old is fully capable of cleaning herself up.

I am very sad that my 3 year old is still pooping in his underwear EVERY SINGLE DAY!! I went to the dollar store this weekend and bought about 10 different really cool toys, and Jacob knows that he will be getting a really cool toy IF he goes poopy in the toilet. BUT HE JUST WONT DO IT!!!

This is what I have tried... In the beginning he would have an accident and I would say, "it's okay we will try to do better next time." My other children when they would have an accident it was like all h*** broke loose, I was so mad and I think they just had fear in them that if they had an accident they better do better next time.

So, I went from... "it's okay we will try to do better next time."
to,
"aw, Jacob this is sooo sad, where should your poop go? Ya, you're right it should go in the toilet. Next time will you go poopy in the toilet? Thank you Jacob, you are awesome!!"
then,
I tried crying.
then,
I tried dry heaving.
then,
I tried having a very sad face.
I've tried m and m's
I've tried stickers
I've tried reading books to him while he sits on the toilet.
I've tried making him clean himself up. He did it twice... then he just would stand in the bathroom and cry.
Now I am trying the toys.
HE JUST DOESN'T CARE!!

He goes potty just fine. He rarely has any accidents at night. And when he does it is because we forgot to have him go before bedtime.

I need to get the potty chair that I have in storage and see if pooping in something that won't splash on him would be more appealing.

Or... maybe I need to send him to Grandmas for a week???

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Even constructive criticism would be nice. We will be having a baby in about 2 months and I was really excited that I would only be changing that sweet newborn smelling diapers. I am getting really discouraged that I will be changing underwear also.

On a brighter note, at least he isn't doing this in public and at least it is usually just one time a day, I guess it could be worse.

3 comments:

Gini said...

I don't think Grandma's potty training techniques would pass state inspection. LOL

Perhaps the problem is his position in the family. Who knows what's going on in his little mind? Would it be worse to have the training finished now only to have him revert back AFTER the baby is born? Maybe he'll surprise you and get over this hurdle once the baby is here. That would be nice!

Laura Nyman said...

That's not fun! Millie's been having lots of accidents lately too, but all but once was pee.

Definitely give the little potty a try. That's where Millie prefers to poo.

Christine said...

That's so frustrating! I hope you find something that works soon. I'm totally with you on only changing newborn diapers!
Honestly, Jeremy's mom had a lot to do with a few of our boys finally getting potty trained. She's an angel!
I heard once about a pottty training method that supposedly has them all trained in one day. You give them lots of salty treats and lots to drink and just focus only on potty training for a whole day. They even have the potty in the living room all day. I'm not sure if it really works. But it's an idea.