Friday, January 15, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference

A few months ago we had PTA.  It is always fun to hear about what my kids are doing and what they are learning.

We first met with Emma's teacher.  She said that Emma is doing really well, that she is very attentive and quick to listen and do as she is told.  I guess this is really a blessing for her teacher because she has a lot of really defiant kids in her class.

Another interesting piece of information is, Emma teacher will sometimes look on the playground to see what her students are up to.  She says that many times she will find Emma out with the 3rd and 4th grade boys playing flag tag.  Emma is in 2nd grade and she is on the smaller size.  It is neat to hear that my little Emma is a brave little Emma.

She met a girl in her class when she first started going to school and the girl made a club and you could only be in the club if you "dress fancy".  Well Emma must have figured that there is too much maintenance to be in the "fancy" club so she said that she didn't want to be in it.  And that was that.  I was so proud of her for just being her.  Soon after that she found a couple of girls that are really nice.


We then met with David's teacher.  I was very surprised to hear what she had to say.

David is very serious in class.  Absolutely no goofing off from him.  If the teachers asks him a question then he answers it and all is well.  But he will not laugh or crack a smile.

I asked David about this and he said, "You can't be funny at school Mom, you have to be serious."  I really have to laugh, because that sure isn't David!

No comments: