Sunday, March 15, 2009

Whooo Hoooo


I'm Freeee!!!  

I have always been a person that only wanted to nurse my kids till they turned one.  I must have needed some learnin' to be done, cause this little guy went 6 months longer.


As of last Friday we said good bye to those nightly "snuggle" times.

Here is how it was done.  

Pa and I got to go out on a much needed date night.  Jacob fell asleep there and to our surprise he stayed asleep when we arrived home.

Saturday night I went to the adult session of Stake Conference.  Pa got him asleep.

Wow I thought, this can be done!!

Sunday night.  I held him as I finished up some chores around the house.  He fell asleep in my arms.

Monday night he fell asleep in my bed watching the news.

And it goes on to be about the same through out the week.

Side note, I am not one that likes the whole cry it out routine with my kids.  It breaks my heart!

Last night there was a little bit of the head banging and body slamming.  But he seems to be doing well.

And me?  Well, I am doing great!  It is so nice not to have to worry about teeth.  -Ma


1 comment:

Chandy said...

Jenny, you are so right to celebrate! I went through 2 years with each with Jas and Ian actually 2 1/2. So yes, the teeth and the headbanging, not fun at all! Yay, Jenny!!! FREE is such a beautiful word, isn't it? LOL