Monday, December 1, 2008

Nursing Jacob

After 15 months I was still up at least 2 times at night nursing Jacob.  Last Monday night I figured it was probably time to get this kid and myself to sleep all night.

Nights one, two, three and four... lots of crying, he was in bed with Pa and I but he didn't want to snuggle in any way.  He would body slam us, or pick up his head and hit us with it.  Then he would resort to falling asleep on top of me.  If I tried to move him next to me he would become infuriated, and he would start all over again of body slamming and head banging.  He would also cry the saddest cry ever, a cry that made me want to just let him nurse so he could be happy again.  But I had to be strong, so I was.  Pa tried to help too, but the little man only wanted his Ma.

Night five, he whimpered, and allowed  "some" snuggle time.

Night six, he stayed in his bed till 3 am.  He did not cry, he just got out of bed walked to our room, pushed the door open and came to my side of the bed and said, "Da, da, da, da."  As he is moving his hands around to state his point.
I picked him up put him in the middle of myself and Pa, and he fell fast asleep... after telling me his story.

I do however have a larger hurdle to jump, but not till I am ready... I still nurse him to sleep at night... -Ma

4 comments:

Chandy said...

You are doing great; all my kids nursed for two years each, Jasmine longest. I went through biting, scratching, the screaming and whimpering, because no bottle will do.

I was a zombie; but looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way. Though of course, I'm a strong advocate of gettin as much sleep as you can.

Good for you and when you are ready, it will happen.

Lexi said...

that is impressive you are still nursing. I wished with all my kids I could and it never happened. Laycee was the best nurser I had, but when she went to the hospital, I never could get my supply back up.

Trevor and Heather Caffall said...

Wow, that is impressive! My kids get teeth SO EARLY, I've only been able to go 6 months at the most. You are very patient.

Anonymous said...

Yay for sprinkles! Good job Jenny!

Courtney