Monday, December 1, 2008

Because They Are Famiwy

After putting the nativity set out.  The kids love to look and touch.  I don't know what kid wouldn't because the set is from Dreamsicles and they have the cutest faces.  If they weren't breakable I would let the kids play with them.  I remember when I was little and my mom would put out the nativity set I loved to take Jesus out and just hold him, I felt closer to Jesus when I did this.  So I try not to get mad when they are touching.

Back to the story...

Abby climbed up on a little table up to the shelf with the nativity set.  I noticed her up there as I was passing by and I stated, "You can look but please don't touch."

Later I was passing by again and Abby was still on the table looking at the set.  However the set was now clustered together in a tight circle.

I said, "Abby, I asked you not to touch."

Abby said, "I not touching Mommy, I just looking."

Me, "Abby, they moved and I asked you not to touch."

Abby, "I not touching Mommy, I just looking."

Me, "Abby, if you're not touching, how did they move?"

Abby, "Because they are Famiwy.  They are together."

-Ma

2 comments:

Chandy said...

"out of the mouth of babes..." She knows, Ma. :P

Lexi said...

so sweet. at least she knows how a family belongs.