Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kids Do The Darnedest Things


Yesterday the kids and I made bean bags.  With pinto beans.  Jacob ate about a dozen raw beans.
I think it was Sunday Pa was telling me that he read that some beans can be lethal when eaten raw.  Jacob swallowed them whole.

Last night I went to cover Emma up and found that she took David's silly putty and stuck it between her blankets.  I guess she wanted them to stay together.  Took a while to get the putty off.  I was going to throw away the silly putty but I know how much David likes it so I didn't.

Today... Jacob had a diaper full of beans.  At first look I couldn't figure out what was in his diaper, then I remembered yesterday!!  They came out whole and were still hard, if any of you were wondering.

Today... David was playing with his silly putty.  He put it on the wall, table floor just to see what would happen with it.  He now knows that he should not put it in his hair.  I had TONS of fun taking it out.

-Ma

4 comments:

Gini said...

Raw kidney beans are poisonous. Kidney beans are usually dried, very few people eat them RAW. "Kidney beans in particular contain enough of this toxin to cause acute symptoms, even if only a few raw beans are consumed." http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2385/

Chandy said...

Wow, glad it was pinto beans he had and not the kidney beans. And so glad they all came out. LOL

Silly putty... I can only imagine the fun you had. ;-)

Finding some blogging time between computer fixes by the Mister.

Say hi to Amanda for me, ok? Tell her to email me. I miss her.

Lara Neves said...

Fun times Jenny! :) Ah motherhood.

Lexi said...

wow i didn't know that about beans. we have had silly putty in the house too and after the first blanket to couch incident, it was thrown away and banned from the house for years to come!