Saturday, August 22, 2009

Top Teeth Missing


June 21, 2009
Fathers Day

On Fathers day Emma finally lost her second top tooth.  The reason I say finally is because since she was a week shy of being 5 years old she was playing on one of those huge blow up water slides.  We were at a cousins birthday party.  Emma slid down the slide then a cousin slid down the slide hitting Emma in the mouth.  It blacked out one tooth.

This was very traumatic for me more than her I think.  I cried for a couple of hours after this happened.  Accidents just don't happen to my kids when I am around just because I am watching them so closely.  Unfortunately I was not watching how the instructions instructed us to watch.  I was in the shade and the end of the slide was on the other side.

There was lots of blood and lots of tears, a couple visits to the dentist.  And a decision to be made.  We decided to leave the dark tooth and hope that it doesn't scar her for life.  I did notice that she wouldn't smile with her teeth when around people.  Now she smiles better, not as self conscious.  Thank goodness.

So, her adult tooth was coming in before her baby tooth fell out.  


Now she is growing in the big teeth with out the baby in the way.  Sorry for the bad photo.


It was cute because Pa asked if he could pull it out.  She said, "Okay."  He twisted it and it came right out.  What a fun father thing to do on Fathers' Day!!  Emma kept saying, "It didn't even hurt."  Thank goodness.  -Ma

3 comments:

Chandy said...

Man, don't you just get so frustrated when things blindside you like that? I'm glad that it wasn't worse than a blacked out tooth.

She has a cute smile and glad that you're seeing it again...

What a fun Father's Day treat for your hubs!

Lexi said...

haylee is still hasn't lost her first tooth lol. i am glad emma is able to smile uninhibited now... it makes a huge difference!

Gini said...

Wow! Big girl teeth! Can't believe how big she is getting!