This morning Abby asked who gave her a pink bear. A normal question. She is always asking who made this outfit for her or who gave her a certain toy. She wont settle for the easy answer, "I don't know."
So, I told her that her Grandma Miller gave her the bear. (This is Pa's Grandmother on his fathers side.) She made a funny face like she wasn't sure who I was talking about. So I said, "remember she is the one that died." "Oh" she said, "I don't want Grandma Norgard or Aunt Susan to die." I said, "ya, it is sad when people die, but remember it is okay because we will see them again." Abby looked as if a light went off in her head, "Ya, when we die it's okay because we will be a family. Aunt Susan and Grandma Norgard when they die, they will be a family." She was so excited to tell me about this piece of information she had.
On the way to and from Emma's school she was saying that she doesn't want Grandma Norgard or Aunt Susan to die but it will be okay because we will be a family. She also said that it is okay that Grandma Miller died because she will see her again.
Now this is really neat to me because I can't remember a recent time that I or Pa have sat down with her to tell her about the plan of happiness, it seems like it has been a couple of years since we have done this. So it just makes my testimony a little stronger that we know we can be eternal families. This has come from the mouth of a babe. -Ma
1 comment:
Just so you know, I tagged you on my blog. :)
Christine
Post a Comment