Emma was on the playground and saw a friend of hers that she wanted to play with, Megan.
Megan was with a friend. So Emma asked if she could play with the two of them. Megan's friend said, "No, you can't play with me." Emma walked away, went to a different playground to play, she played on the monkey bars by herself.
Breaks my heart.
Anyone have any words of advice?
Is there anything I could say to Emma to help the hurt go away? Or anything that could make her a stronger person because of what happened.
Thanks -Ma
1 comment:
That's a toughie. Hyrum made a friend during the first week of school and then that friend later started a "club" and told Hyrum he couldn't be in it, that it was only for big kids. Well, Hyrum is bigger and older than any of them. It makes me sad because he was so happy to have a friend. I'm not sure what he does now, but he seems happy enough.
I told him that kids are just mean sometimes, and that's how it is. I knew that didn't help, but I asked if there was anybody else he could play with. He said there's a little girl who will sometimes. I still worry. I told him maybe that kid was just jealous or something. It's sad when they're excuded.
Well, I'm just rambling and not being of much help. It's hard not to worry when they're gone for so much of the day and it isn't a completely happy experience. But we do what we can, huh?
Post a Comment