Wow, this little boy of mine, Jacob. He is such a handful. Yesterday, I was in the shower and he thinks it is fun to stand on the toilet and turn on and off the hot water at the sink. I can feel when that hot water comes on so I say, "Jacob, hot! Turn it off." He laughs then turns off the water. Well I just finished washing my face when I hear him start to scream. So I said, "Yes, Jacob, it is HOT! Turn off the wat..." I look and and he is in the sink trying to get out of the stream of water. His skin was pink and hot where the water had hit on his knee and both feet. No burns though, Phew.
Later he wants to climb a kitchen chair. We have a counter height table, so tall chairs too. Usually he is able to get up the chairs just fine. But this time the chair fell, but not on him. How did that happen?
Later on, he was outside going up the ladder and the playground set. He gets up two steps and falls off sideways.
He opened one of the top drawers in the kitchen where we keep the scissors, reached in and pulled out the scissors. How did he get so big?
Even though he is a handful. He is so amazingly cute!!
He has a bear puppet with a book on the belly. (He got it for Christmas, I think from Uncle Paul and Aunt Katie). He has loved this puppet from the beginning. Today he found it and brought it to me, dropped it in my lap and said, "da, da, da." as he was backing up and pointing in excitement. The norm is, whoever receives the bear has to put it on, hide the bears face with it's hands then open quickly and say, "BOO!" Jacob laughs and laughs so hard he usually falls over.
He also thinks it is so great when we can play with a ball. I throw he fetches.
He loves to play with cars, the one in the photo is fun, push the person down and the car goes, weeee. We have another one that he loves to play with, shake it put it down and it goes fast!
I love when he walks up to me and just smiles. He squints his eyes, as if that were the smile instead of the lips curling up.
Speaking of lips, when he is so sad. (Mostly at night when he wants to nurse and it is taking too long for me to go and get him.) Those cute lips pucker up, he makes a perfect little circle with his lips. And he cries, "Oooooooo."
He has teeth that look like he is a thumb sucker, but he is just a boy that really likes nursing. I only let him at night now. :o)
At the dinner table I have just got to say that he is such a serious eater. He concentrates on each and every bite. When he is done he will join in on the conversation and laugh when everyone else does or he will just laugh to get everyone else laughing.
Last night after scriptures I said, "Okay, time for prayer, fold your arms." Jacob said, "Da." He kneeled on the floor, then put his face in his hands on the floor and mumbled some sort of a prayer. (This is how his siblings do it, for some reason they lay down on their tummies and cover their faces to say the prayer.)
Such a fun little boy. So glad he is part of our family. -Ma
2 comments:
His antics remind me of Sophie. SHe used to scare me half to death with the situations she would find herself in. Actually, she still does!
He's a cutie!
He is so cute! I just love that smile, perfect timing with your camera.
Post a Comment