Some may know that we have been having problems with our neighbors... their 13 year old boy to be exact.
Lets take it back to 4 years ago the first week that we moved in... or little pick up truck was in the back yard and some one broke the drivers side window. Went to the neighbors and the reply was if you can find some evidence so I can pin it on my boys you let me know. The had a skate ramp that was built next to the block wall and the kids could see over the wall. Now put two and two together and it all points to the kids.
From that point to this point things haven't been too bad... ya know the usual, the adult male drives his truck across our yard, the adult female pours her dirty mop water in our yard causing weeds! And we can't forget kids that throw their trash all over our yard. Not too bad right?
Okay, fast forward to this past month. Neighbor's trampoline was moved touching the block wall between our yard, kids leaning on the wall saying mean things to our kids, staring into our house, sitting on the wall, standing on the wall jumping onto the trampoline. I ask them to get off and I get attitude, I go to parents and they get mad at us for going over their and bothering them. Kid flips us off, parents get mad at us again. Cars and house gets egged, we don't mention it to parents... why would we want to bother them?
INSTEAD: We try CHRISTIAN COURAGE. I was shaking, but on Halloween night I took the kids over and 6 half pound chocolate bars. All in hopes that the 13 year old will not do anything bad to our home. And it would be nice to mend the wounds between us adults. Well nothing bad happened to our home and we got a thank you from the adults, and a very long conversation with the male adult.
I think we are still very upset about the situation, but at least we are in more control. -Ma
2 comments:
Good for you. Such a difficult situation, but if you keep doing stuff like that, I'll bet it'll die down.
You go girl! I don't think I would have had the courage. Thanks for the example...
Post a Comment