Monday, November 24, 2008

From the mouth of a 6 year old

We were in the van while Papa went in to the store for a second.

Outside it is cold. Well, as cold as it can be in the desert.

Emma blurts out,

"Mom, I am sweltering in this jacket!"

I reply, "Where did you hear that from?"

"What?"  Says Emma, "Sweltering.  Don't you know what that means?  It means, you are very hot and sweaty."

Laughing in surprise, I ask, "Where did you hear that from?"

"Word girl."  She says matter of factly.

Some days I think she watches way too much T.V. but then there are days like this and I think, at least she is watching stuff that helps her brain.  LOL. -Ma

3 comments:

Chandy said...

Don't you just love it when they do that? Go, Emma!

Lara Neves said...

Huh. I don't think I've ever heard word girl teach such a good word. :) Very cute.

Brandis said...

Hey Jenny! I love your blog! That story cracked me up because my older 2 have been using words they've learned from Word Girl and the other show about the talking dog (Martha Speaks??) and it's so funny to hear little kids use big words. :)