Thursday, September 3, 2009

Garden


May 12, 2009

Our first crop of grapes.
They only got as big as my pinky finger nail, but they were sweet.



Our banana trees grew really well, but did not produce.
We need to figure out what kind of fertilizer they like.
The tall tree bent in half, so we had to cut it about 6 inches
or so from the ground it is coming back strong.


Lemons, yum!


With the birds and the squirrels we only got to eat one apple and it was tasty!


Corn didn't grow as well as last year.


Sunflowers were funny.
The stems were so skinny.


Tomatoes were great, just needed more fertilizer for better taste.


Carrots needed fertilizer, they were GROSS!!


Our one orange.


I remember thinking when I took this picture that the chickens
really needed to get out of this little run and into the large run.
Now I laugh, because I realize how spoiled our chickens are.


-Ma

1 comment:

Brandis said...

I'm impressed with all the things you're growing! I also have to say that I'm relieved to hear that someone else's carrots were gross. Mine were too. :)