Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lake Roosevelt, Coming Home


April 19, 2009

So, when we go camping or on any vacation for that matter, we have a map on hand and we have a general plan of where we would like to go.  Load up the van and away we go!

This time was no different.  We knew we wanted to go camping, and we wanted to stay close. We went to the first campground and found that it was FULL.  Okay, lets go to the next one, the next one was FULL.  We continued on like this for quite a while, everything was FULL!

We ended up on a dirt road with a camper trailer hitched to our mini van.  We then found our way to a Lake Roosevelt camp ground.  There were lots of openings, we quickly got set up, ate dinner, spent a little time at the lake then we just enjoyed each others company.

We got to see bats flying around.  David was so excited!  He has a love for bats.  That is what he would like to be for halloween.  I've got to get that costume made...

It was time to get everyone tucked into bed.  The kids sleep at the end of the camper.  I was getting them dressed for bed I think, and Pa walked to the back of the camper with the rest of us and we tipped on the butt of the camper.  All of these thoughts came to mind, I had visions of us rolling down the hill passed many trees.  I could see us rolling faster and faster.  LOL, we didn't go anywhere.  We got the camper back to it's proper way and Pa put the legs down, so it wouldn't happen again.  I think everyone that owns a camper has to have that happen at least once.  Looking back I am glad that it did happen not just because it is funny but because that was the last time we went out in it.  We sold it a few months later.  We had good times with it and miss it at times, but we are excited to pull out our dusty tent next time we go out camping.

So, these photo's are of us coming home from Lake Roosevelt.

I am always in awe we I see large structures.  It is amazing to me that people can do this.






Pa and I talk a lot about where we live.  Yes it is soooo HOT in the summer.
But, just look at was it around us.  We can drive about 15 to 30 minute from our house and be at a lake.  Or on a mountain.  We are really blessed to be in a place such as this.



-Ma

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

Beautiful stuff, that's for sure!

Looks like you had a lot of fun! :)