Thursday, September 17, 2009

White Knuckle Driving


My knuckles were white, palms sweating.  I could feel my stomach in my throat.  I had a slice of peanut butter flax seed toast in the passenger seat.

As I got out of the car I felt like my legs were going to give out, they felt like jelly.  My hands were shaking and I felt a bit dizzy.

I made it to the first of a two day class in Phoenix.  My nerves were shot, how could I possibly learn about Life Insurance after a drive like that?

One hour of driving FREEWAYS!  Oh the fear, the agony, I felt I could barely survive!

Really... I am a country girl at heart.  I can't bring myself to enjoy this city driving.  -Ma

2 comments:

Lexi said...

gosh you sound like me! I hate city driving and freeways are the worst... they make me crazy!

Gini said...

Good descriptive words! I think you need to do this more often!