I am feeling a need to record what is going on in our lives.
Last week Abby was sick for 3 long days.
The first day she had diarrhea,
then the next two days she was throwing up.
She couldn't keep anything down.
She lost some weight.
I was feeling a little scared.
She is very strong minded.
All she wanted was sugar.
The first night she was sick
she would come in during the night saying,
"Mom, it happened again."
She had diarrhea while she was asleep.
The second night
she would wake me up because
she was hungry or she was throwing up.
The third night was the same as the second.
The third night I woke up feeling panicked
because she didn't wake me up.
I thought maybe she threw up and then choked on it.
She was so week.
But she was fine.
The fourth night that week
Jacob woke me up at 5:00 am
He wet the bed.
He had a bath.
Thank goodness that was a Saturday morning.
Matt took car of him.
After his bath he came to bed with me and Bryan.
Jacob slept till 8:00 am
He woke up because he wet MY bed.
My bedding was washed but I still need to clean his,
how gross is that?
An elderly lady was watching me doze off
during Sunday school and asked me how I was doing.
I told her how my week went
and I made the comment,
"I was just having a VERY motherly week"
Sunday at church
Jacob fell asleep in a pew.
He slept for about 2 hours or longer.
When he woke up he was wet.
Matt took him home
and bathed him.
When church got out I wondered where Matt was.
When he got back to church he was walking towards me
with paper towels and vinegar water spray.
He told me the story and went in to clean up the mess.
This is the last week of school.
I don't know if I am ready for them to be home full time.
They are fighting so much.
Anger with over 100 degree weather is going to be tough.
Each summer I feel like I have to teach the kids basics.
Be nice
Listen
use your inside voices
help around the house
make time for quiet time
make your bed
have fun with each other
family first
then friends
Is that too much to ask?
1 comment:
Oh, that's why you were so tired Sunday. That's quite the week!
Post a Comment