Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Red Skirt

I saw a lady today. She was riding her bike, she was wearing a red flyaway skirt a white shirt a straw hat and a colorfully striped backpack. She looked so carefree in this beautiful weather we are having today. The weatherman said it would be 79 today but it feels much cooler with the breeze. I then noticed that she wasn't wearing any shoes. I think if I knew her we would be friends. She made me want to go out and buy red flowing material so I too could wear a flyaway skirt.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking about my kids and how funny they can be.

Emma sings the wise man and the foolish man like this,

The wise man built his house upon a rock
the wise man built his house upon a rock
the wise man built his house upon a rock
and the rains came tumblin' down
the rains came down and the
flowers came up
the rains came down and
the flowers came up
the rains came down and
the flowers came up
and the house on the rock stood still.

I've told her several times that it is sung the rains came down and the floods came up. But she insists that it is flowers. I really like her version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Abby sings the song I've been working on the railroad

I've been working on the railroad and I'm almost done, this time of year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

David has given me some insight to why it is so hard for a youngin to poop in the toilet. He said, "Mom, I know why it is so hard for Jacob to poop in the toilet. It's because you have to sit there for such a long time. It's hard."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I hardly ever carry Bryan in his car seat. Today I noticed that he has grown and it was time to move the straps up a notch, so I brought him in the house in his car seat. For some reason he thought that ride was great fun. Every time the seat would bump my leg he would laugh.

When it was time to leave the house I thought I would let him have a special "ride" to the car. Same thing happened, he would laugh every time the seat hit my leg.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I've noticed yesterday and today that the spots or rash that Bryan has had around his mouth is clearing up. The rash looks like a heat rash to me, raised red bumps. They don't seem to bother him.

I love that Bryan recognizes me and if I walk by and don't acknowledge him he will coo, laugh or smile till I say something to him. He is such a joy to have in our family.

------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was serving an LDS mission, the other sister missionaries would come to me asking if I would french braid their hair. I loved doing it, it made me feel good that I could do something that not everyone could do. One of these sisters wrote in my scrapbook that one day I should open up a braid shop, I always thought that was a funny idea, because I didn't think one could make money just by styling hair. I don't want to cut hair, because that is soooo permanent if I mess up.

Anyways I have found that when I do my girls hair it relieves stress. I should take pictures and post them. The girls get so many compliments on there hair. It is lots of fun.


No comments: