Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This Morning

This morning, a neighbor started his car radio at 7:05, our house felt like it was shaking. At 7:15 Matt went out to talk to the young adult.

Matt was approached by the mother. Matt let her know that the music was too loud. In a matter of fact tone. She got in his face saying that, yesterday for 15 minutes she watched our son (Jacob) beat up on his sister with a green stick. She was very disturbed.

Matt said to me that it was probably good that I wasn't there because of how rude she was being.
Here is what I would have said, "They were sword fighting like any 3 and 5 year old would do. And, the son was hurt not the daughter. They were laughing till the "boy's" fingers got hit." Then after thinking about it a bit longer I would have said, "I am "disturbed" that you would stand there and watch my daughter get beat up and not do anything about it!" Then as I thought about it longer I would have said, "Isn't it nice that, if you don't like how a neighbor is acting you can turn your head and forget about it, but when one is blasting their noise, there is nowhere to hide."

Anyways, Matt didn't know what to say because, well he wasn't there yesterday while the said kid beat up on the sister.

So, Matt wanted to talk with the adult kid whose music was too loud and she would not allow it. She said that she will tell him. I think Matt said that he tried to talk to the kid 3 times till he was finally able to say something. He just said, "hey, your music is too loud." The kid then said, "Oh, I didn't know you could hear it." He then turned it off.

This explains a lot... at 2 and 3 in the morning we hear drum sounds coming from his house. We can hear it! If it wakes us up you know it is too loud!

No comments: