Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Day

I wrote a letter to Grandma, I thought it was kind of humorous because I ended up telling her my whole day, and what a day that was.
We are doing well.  I feel so busy with taking care of children, keeping up with the house and yard work and chickens.  The only time that I consider my time is when I exercise for 20 to 30 minutes and then my shower.  But even during these times I have the kids at my ankles crying.  This is what motherhood is all about though.  I do love being a mom.
Yesterday I just had to laugh.  Every inch of the house was dirty.  (Glad our house is only 945 square feet).  
Kitchen - dishes, table, counters, floor.
Living room - I'm going through toys, so the floor and couches are cover with them, the desk is a mess to.  (By the way, a guy on freecycle is trying to round up 4,000 toys for 4,000 kids in Mexico for Christmas.  Anyone interested?)  In order to go out the front door I am pushing stuff aside and stepping over clutter.
The girls room - oh that girls room.  Abby was looking for who knows what and she took all of her clothes and put them on her bed and floor along with Emma's P.J.'s, undies and socks. Jacob loves socks so he grabbed those and carried them all over the house.
The boys room - is mostly under control, David really likes a clean room.
My room - UG!  Those kids get in there and make such a mess!  That is where the T.V. is so that is where they like to be.
So, after a busy day sending Emma off to school.  Working out.  Shower. Get the kids cute.  Buy bread.  Come home, make sandwiches.  Put Abby's shoes back on.  Go to Emma's school, eat lunch.  Come home, pick up stuff to return to the store.  Do that.  Return home. Talk to sister-in-law for an hour while watering the garden and holding Jacob.  Did some laundry.  (I did accomplish that yesterday, just need to put it away.)  Walked around the house wondering what to start first.  Our computer was down.  That is where I pay bills so, I had to call and pay 5 bills.  Cleared part of the table. Went to my room stripped my bed, dropped that off at the laundry room door. Looked at the time... Emma will be home soon!  Go outside.  Chat with another mom.  Look at the side yard and sigh.  WEEDS!  We just did major weed work 3 weeks ago, it was beautiful!  Then I laugh at all that needs to be done.  Go inside make a snack for the kids.  Look at the floor, kix cereal all over the floor.  Sweep the floor, or should I say, "broom the floor."  Thanks to Abby.  Start sheets in laundry.  Work with Emma on her homework, one hour.  Put sheets in dryer.  Think about dinner but just can't bring myself to make it.  Clean the rest of the kitchen.  Said good bye to Pa, he was one his way to a church meeting.  Oh, kids are getting hungry, better feed them.  7:00 p.m. made alfredo noodles.  Put a movie in for the kids. Read a book with Emma, 30 minutes.  Got kids in there p.j.'s. Teeth brushed.  Straightened up the kids rooms (ie., pushed their stuff aside so we could walk).  Computer is working!  Checked e-mail.  Matt got home 9:00 p.m.  Oops, talking to Maggie on phone better get off and I better get those kids to bed.  Get sheets on my bed.  Nurse Jacob, I fell asleep in the rocking chair. Put Jacob to bed crashed into bed.  Nurse Jacob at 12:30 a.m. then again I think it was 4:00 a.m. Up and out of bed by 7:00 a.m.
Who ever said being a mom was easy is CRAZY! -Ma

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey, it's been a long time! Your family is absolutley beautiful, even though it sounds like a handful. :) Now I know I'm going to sound really silly, but I've been racking my brain trying to remember how it is that I know you both. Was it from the Lazona ward? I remember you, just can't remember how. Guess I've been in the single scene for so long that my life blurs into one giant lumpy mess. By the way, I love that you have chickens, I think that's awesome!

Trevor and Heather Caffall said...

wow! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has days like that. Good job girl. What a great mom.

Christine said...

Ha, ha! That sounds exactly like me! It is eerily familiar. It is so frustrating that I spend time when I have it on getting things so nice and clean and it never stays. By the end of the day I'm shoving things aside to make a path too. :) Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Great job.