Forehead pain continued...
So after three weeks of hearing, "Mom, my forehead hurts." I had just had enough.
Went to the eye doctor today, she had to get the yucky drops in her eyes. They did find that she has a stigmatism in her right eye that they had not noticed before. But, that wouldn't cause headaches, in fact he said that I wouldn't have to change her prescription unless I was looking for a reason to get new glasses.
Now on a side note. While I was filling out the new insurance information. I guess David took a toy from Jacob. I looked up to see what was going on, and before I could determine who was in the wrong. Some old guy decided that it was his job to take care of the situation.
Here is how it went,
Jacob screams.
Old guy said, "Give that back to him."
David in shock looks at the old guy.
Old guy, "give that back, you can't take it from him, you give it back right now."
Old lady who is sitting next to old guy, "you give that back to him."
David in even more shock, hands the toy over to Jacob.
Old guy laughs and said, "someone needs to stick up for the little guys."
2nd old guy in office said, "ya, and he is still eying it."
Old guy and old lady laughs. Old guy says, " Ya, we sit next to some kids in church and we don't let the other kids be mean to the little guys."
Ha, Ha, Ha, they all laugh.
David out of embarrassment hides under a table.
I am in shock the whole time, just looking at the back of the guys head, making faces the more he talks.
Let me make one thing clear... I am all in favor of helping others in parenting. However, I feel that a stranger needs to do it lovingly, he was demanding and making fun of David. His voice had anger in it. If you are going to be angry at a child being a child step back, because that is not going to teach the child.
After a couple of minutes David came over to me and said, "Mom, I don't like that guy talking to me."
My reply, "I don't either, Mom is hear and I can take care of the situation, you should not take toys from your brother though, okay."
David, "I know."
I continued filling out the paper work, and I noticed that the old guy cranked his head around to look at me, he then mumbled something. And that was that.
Now, question. Why didn't I say anything right away??? Because I am naturally shy and I have such a hard time facing people. Now I feel so upset, I should have just told the guy how I felt. -sigh-
Well, back to the forehead pain, she has a molar coming in, so I called the dentist. He said that it is not normal for one to have headaches while a tooth comes in but I could come in and they will look at it.
I think I will set something up with the doctor next. Can they figure out if it might be allergy problems? Will she have to go through tests?
She was having tummy problems earlier in the year and I think it was just stress. Maybe this is stress too? -Ma
2 comments:
Ahhhh, poor Emma. I hope you figure out what is wrong. You are strong to not say anything to those grumpy old people. When it comes to my kids, I tend to forget that I am really shy. I'm afraid I wouldn't have been so nice :) hind sight is 20/20 huh?
I hope Emma feels better soon, it's not fun when you can't find the cause of the problem.
As for those old guys, you were definitely nicer than I would've been. I wish sometimes, I'm more like you. I'm too overprotective sometimes that I put people off. Good for you!
Post a Comment