Okay so more than the food I love the cute little lady's that hand out the food. Some are grouchy... but that is another story! And some are so nice. Pa and I went to Costco on Veterans Day and they were passing out yummies. We talked with two ladies, one about soy milk. And the other about how the world is and what it was. She was passing out cottage cheese with blue berries, we talked about what it was like in her time. If you have moldy cottage cheese scrap off the top and eat the rest, don't let it go to waste. We talked of how I was taught to scrape the inside of the egg when you crack it (don't waste anything). We talk of how there was no room for wants in her time. We talked of flat screen T.V.'s. Then we talked of our tiny house and how it is squishy but we are happy that we have each other. She spoke of how couples need to hold on to each other to make it. How it is more important to have a family, children.
Then she looked at our cute and unruly children, we were in the refrigerated isle and they were walking on the ledge by the doors. She said, "You are unique. It is nice that you are able to put your family first and not the world."
I am very thankful for a great family, we might not have a house that fits our family by the worlds standards. Or a two car garage that can hold our unneeded stuff. Or two full sized bathrooms. Or even a flat screen T.V.. But we do have each other and a lot of love that goes around and I am so thankful for that. I will take being unique. -Ma
3 comments:
Great post, Jenny. I loved it. Especially on a day where I was really wishing for a bigger house. :)
I love this post. I feel like this so often. We dont' have near what all of our friends do, but I think we have more than enough love going around.
That's why I wrote that "disclaimer" about our family in my blog. I love knowing that good families know how to show off to the world while quietly doing it. Awesome post, thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment