Sunday, January 18, 2009

Abby's Fear

Abby has always been so scared to go to her Sunday class.  Now that she is a Sunbeam it has not changed.  Pa sits with her during primary, but then she comes with me during her class time. She is terrified!
Last Sunday Pa had to go into work so I was by myself.  David and Emma went to class fine. Abby wanted to try and go to her class, she said she wanted to go and sit with Emma.  So, I took her to primary, sat her next to Emma.  She looked so proud of herself, like she was being such a big girl. They say that within 2 minutes she started to cry uncontrollably.
This Sunday (Today), Pa sat with her in Primary, then she said she would go to class all by herself.  He let her stay, 2 minutes later she is brought to me.  She was shaking she was so afraid.

I can't think of anything that would have scared her so much.  It is amazing to me that these little children come to us with such personalities.  Abby is just so afraid to be without Pa or I. However I do know that she will not be like this forever and I am enjoying this clinginess, most of the time. -Ma

Oh yes, on a side note.  When Emma was getting ready to go into her Sunbeam class.  We would talk to her and say, "This is so exciting, you get to be a Sunbeam."  For a few weeks she wouldn't say anything, then she stated with tears in her eyes the week before her class started. "Mom, I don't want to be a Sunbeam, I want to stay hear with you."  Shocked that she knew what a sunbeam was I asked her if she thought she was going to go into the sky.  She said yes, that is what she thought was going to happen.  I am glad we got that cleared up.

No comments: