Monday, January 5, 2009

Meant to Be

Today, I've gotten Emma off to school I exercised, raked out the chicken's run, did a little laundry, ate TRIX, changed a stinky diaper and did some laundry.  All the while I am thinking about what a special day this is.  
Today 8 years ago Pa and I were married for time and all eternity.  I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man.

Going back to memory lane...

Pa and I met July 22, 2000 while tubbing down the salt river together with a group of friends. We were both 25 at the time.  At that time in my life I just wanted to focus on my self, I wanted to go to school.  It is true, once you stop looking you will find. 

My first impression:  I thought he was cute, but I didn't think he would be interested in me.

Pa's first impression: he thought I was mature and he liked that I was 25, and had been on a mission.

On Wednesday July 26, Pa asked me out on our first date.

July 28th, we went to dinner at Applebees and then to a friends farewell party.

After the date I was still unsure as to how I felt about about dating.  Pa's feelings didn't change. He was still very impressed with me.

August 13th Pa gave a talk at church.  I felt such an amazing spirit from him that I just couldn't turn my head again.  So I called Pa.  From that night on we either saw each other every day or we talked on the phone. 

August 28th we became an official couple.  He asked me to be his girlfriend, I wanted to say no because I had a plan, I wanted to go to school.  But the spirit was so strong I couldn't say no. Ask him, I stuttered all over my words, trying to say no, trying to get him to change his mind. 

September 12, Pa fasted that I would know what he knew that we were meant to be together. Unaware of what he was doing.  I went to Institute that night and the teacher spoke of personal revelation and then marriage.  (The teacher didn't plan on talking about marriage, but felt that he needed to briefly.)  By the end of class I was in tears because I knew with out a doubt that Pa and I were meant to be.

September 23, I told Pa that I knew we were supposed to be together, I told him that it scared me but I knew it.  Pa was so happy he said, "Well if you know, and I know, how does January sound?"

15 weeks later we were married.  Knowing each other only 5 1/2 months. 

Crazy it may seem, but when you know it is right, ya just do it!  

No wedding can go without at least one snag.

January 4th, the day before.  I receive a call from one of my brides maids, she is trying on her dress and she says, my dress doesn't fit.  Frantic I run to the mall unable to find anything.

Upon returning home I get a call from Pa.  He can't find his temple recommend, he asks me to look through his stuff that he has already brought over to my place.  I couldn't find it, so he comes over and finally finds it in his scriptures.

And of course I am a "little" late showing up.  I am sure my mother and husband to be were a little nervous.  Because I was like the girl in RunAway Bride.  I was engaged twice before Pa. Third time is a charm.

So glad that Pa and I are married and so glad that we were brought together.  Thank you Pa for being such an amazing friend, husband and father.  I love you!! -Ma

3 comments:

ttcole said...

Just be glad you didn't end up getting married before "pa"! Trent and I went to the temple to be sealed this past summer - I was still sealed to my first husband when we got married. Long story. Anyway, we ended up being like an hour late cuz we couldn't find anywhere to park! Turned out okay, though, cuz my son Zander met President Monson on the way in to be sealed to us! It always works out somehow!

Jenny said...

I can't believe it's been 8 years for you both already... time flys doesn't it?

Chandy said...

Congratulations! Happy 8th year anniversary!

I'm so glad you shared this post. I'm always curious as to how two people met, fell in love and knew the moment when they should be married. I hope you had a great day celebrating!

Runaway Bride in the flesh, and I know her! Who needs Julia Roberts? :D