Sunday, January 11, 2009

Early morning church


We now go to church at 8:30 in the morning.  Yawn!  One thing that I really want to do each Sunday morning is make breakfast, we don't want any hungry bellies.  

When I went in to wake Pa and Jacob this is what I found.  I thought Jacob was just snuggled up to Pa.  Arm wrapped around neck...


However this is what I found on the other side.  Pa is always complaining about the lights being too bright in the morning.  I guess Jacob wants to help him out.  he, he, he.


For Breakfast this morning I made...
Cream Brullet
(I am sorry, I really don't know how to spell that.  So, I wrote it like ballet, spell checker didn't like it.)
(It is oven baked french toast)

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons corn syrup
Melt these ingredients together.
Pour into cake pan.

One loaf french toast bread or jewish egg bread cut into slices with or without crust.
put bread into bottom of pan, make sure to cover all spaces.

5 eggs
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix these ingredients together and pour over the bread.

Cover and chill over night

Next morning bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes or till golden brown.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).

The top part was really good, however I burnt the bottom.  We were all very sad about this.

Jacob likes to play a game at the table.  He raises his arms, then we do the same.  He waits till he feels he has made us wait long enough then he drops his arms.  Laughter, always goes along with this game.


-Ma

No comments: