Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What to do with Sour Oranges


When we first moved into our house 4 years ago we were excited to have a citrus tree, however we couldn't figure out what it was.  They have the color of an orange yet they are kind of shaped like a lemon.  Then one day a friend came over and he grew up here in Mesa and he told us that this mystery tree of ours is a sour orange tree.  What?  He said, "ya you can make marmalade, or tang.  You can even graft in other fruit trees and make like a fruit salad tree.  I guess these trees are very strong, they can endure a lot.

So today we went out and picked some of those sour oranges so we could make some marmalade.

Then we brought them inside to wash.


And we made marmalade.  Although I don't think I did it right.  Is it supposed to be runny??



Anyways it looks neat.  -Ma

1 comment:

Chandy said...

Wow! Those look great! Bring them over and let's have at it! I love oranges!