Monday, April 27, 2009

Library Culture Pass


Do you realize that we can now go to museums for free??  Well at least 4 of us can.  The libraries are now giving out passes to museums and such.  They give them out on Wednesdays.  

Our library opens at 10:00 am.  I went by at 8:30 am just to see what time they opened and what do ya know there were about 5 people already in line.  So, I went home got the kids fed and dress and we went to stand in a line.  

Upon arriving, it was 9:30 by then.  The line was longer, but kids got to play with the seed pods from the trees and they played on the rocks.  They were really good.  (It has been an issue lately.)  I also had some good company there.  She was a couple of years younger than me and she was so nice to say that she thought I was a lot younger than her.  She has 3 kiddo's and wants to have another in the near future.  It was a nice chat we had.

At 10:00 a librarian came to the door and said to the eager group of people... "There will be no pushing, shoving, running, name calling or swearing.  Only one pass per family please.  Then she let us come in.  Wow!  It felt like it was black Friday, I think there was a little bit of pushing. They have the passes on a kiosk and it was a first come first serve basis.

So, not knowing where I would like to go I would say that I grabbed the perfect pass. ARIZONA MUSEUM FOR YOUTH.  We took Emma out of school early on Friday and went to the museum.  We had lots of fun, David is still asking to go back.  Unfortunately we forgot the camera.  Too bad because there were some really neat and fun things there.  

I would say it was worth the line.  They will be having these passes for at least one year.  I will be taking advantage of them.  -Ma

4 comments:

Chandy said...

Jenny, sorry for the late visit. I have a good excuse on my blog.;-)

Anyway, that is great! We get the free passes thing here, too but dependent on the library. When they do the reading program for summer, the incentives are insane- a free book, a free meal at Whataburger, a free pass at Six Flags, and a ribbon, certificate and a token to put on the Hall of Fame wall! I can't wait to find time to go to the library again! It's been somewhat upside down here! (Just a tiny bit!) ;-)

Chandy said...

Me again, btw, I thought that you were a lot younger than what you were too when I first met you so I wasn't surprised when that lady thought that. LOL

Christine said...

That is so great! I wonder if they have anything like that here.

DiAnna said...

Let me know when you are going next. I will wait with you!