Friday, June 26, 2009

Dream


I had a dream the other night that.  I was living in a new neighborhood, my neighbor across the street was having a garage sale and wanted to sell her table.  I called a friend knowing that she wanted a new table.
The friend came to buy the table.  Then the friends said to me, "can I have your kids."  I said, "Sure, I know you will do a great job raising them."  I went with her and three of my kids, Emma, Abby and Jacob.  We were all excited for the change.  After we got to her place I said my good byes and left.
When I got home I could not believe what I had done.  These are MY babies that I let go.  I started crying uncontrollably  to Pa because of what I had done.
I thought of Jacob.  He can't sleep through the night without being in my bed at some time.  I thought of Abby, she wont even go to her sunbeam class alone.  She has to be with me.  Then I thought of Emma, she is my oldest baby, "AIN'T NOBODY GONNA TAKE MY BABY!!"
So I called my friend (who happened to be a friend I met while living on ASU East Campus Amanda Briggs) and I told her that I couldn't let her have my babies.  She said it wasn't a big deal and she would come drop them off.

I think the reason for this dream was to remind me that I really do love my kids and I wouldn't want to trade them for anything.  I've been having a really hard couple of weeks.  They haven't been horrible, they have just been kids.  Little disrespectful but we can fix that.  So glad I have the kids I have, and so glad that I am reminded with dreams from time to time how much I love them.

A couple weeks ago Jacob fell asleep at 3:30 PM and didn't wake up till 7:30 the next morning. My arms ached to hold him.  I would go in and lay next to him just because I missed him so much.  I am so thankful that I have not had to experience the pain of losing a child, so thankful that they are all safe and with me.  -Ma

2 comments:

Chandy said...

My, that was a horrible dream! I'm glad it wasn't true...

I know what you mean, sometimes, I joke around to my hubby and say, "maybe we should give them away for a few hours or one day." He'll casually say, "You don't mean that" and I know I don't but sometimes the frustration gets to me. At the end of the day, I feel so blessed that they are safe with me and that they are comfortable. Us moms worry a lot, huh? ;-)

Love to Amanda, ok? Oh, if you talk to her again, can you please ask her to shoot me an email, I haven't had any response to my emails to her I don't know if she's gotten them and want her phone number, too. I lost the card she sent with her info when they moved to Utah. How are they doing there?

Unknown said...

Wow, that was a crazy dream! Did you tell Amanda about it, LOL?

I always feel so horrible when my kids are driving me nuts and I feel like I would give them away. But truly, of course I could never do that!

Oh, and to Carolyn: Amanda doesn't have internet at her house and she only manages to check it at the library once every 2 or 3 weeks or so. I'm sure she appreciates your emails...I only hear from her once or twice a year. :)