Friday, September 18, 2009

"They" say...


that the biggest fear for little children is abandonment.  Kids are terrified that they will be left behind.

"They" say that all it takes is one time for a child to feel or think that they have been left alone to have abandonment issues for the rest of their lives.  And really they wont even know why.

With that being said, I went with my M.I.L. to a store.  Jacob was in the back seat. Upon arriving Jacob yelped out, "MAMA!"  I kind of chuckled because I remembered he was there, in the back seat but he was worried that I did not remember.

But then I was a little sad that little ones have this fear.  -Ma
 

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

It does have to be scary, when you rely on the adults in your life so much. I never knew those statistics, but I tend to think it also depends a lot on the child's personality.

Christine said...

So sweet.
Joshua is afraid of being left alone still, at 7 1/2 years old.