It was October 2005.
Pa was invited to go to California for a couple of days for a convention for work. In turn he invited his family to go with him.
Of course we went. Hotel paid for, plus most of our gasoline was paid for and even some meals and a night free in a section of Disney land. No lines and free all you can eat! It was awesome.
The hard part...
I was stuck in a hotel all day, because I wasn't about to take out a 3 year old, 23 month old and a 3 month old all by myself. I don't really remember what I did during those hours with just the kids, but I do remember that it was wonderful when Pa was back with us.
I do remember, because it was a "business trip" there weren't very many kids around. We got a lot of LOOKS.
We had so much fun!
I remember the night we were at Disney Land, a young lady came up to me. She said, come here. I was hesitant, but she seemed nice.
The lady leaned up to me and whispered in my ear,
"I think,
women like you.
Who have multiple children,
are PHENOMENAL!"
Whoa! That was a first, but it was a wonderful first.
I remember that comment almost every day, I am phenomenal!
There are many many many days that I feel far from phenomenal, but ya know I am making it work! Despite the many flaws I have.
Being a Mom is the best thing I can be right now, it is what life is all about... Family!
So to all you moms out there if there is one thing you can remember each day, whether you have one or more than one kiddo,
You are phenomenal!!
-Ma
4 comments:
Thanks Jenny. I so needed to hear that today. (Right now I'm holed up in the computer room trying to ignore my kids so I won't yell at them anymore.)
That's an awesome story. You ARE phenomenal.
thanks jenny! this was so inspiring becuase I have so many days where i feel way LESS than phenomenal and like this is a thankless life lol.
Great story, I totally needed it today!
Post a Comment