Monday, February 1, 2010

Four Turning Five

Something about the age 4 turning 5 and going to class on your own is a great landmark!!

When David was that age he finally started going to his church class on his own.  It was just like night and day.

Well, I guess this is Abby year.  I did bribe her a bit, I promised I would paint her fingernails if she stayed in class the whole time.

She loved class and she couldn't wait for Sunday to come again.

Last year I was called to be a Nursery Leader, so that meant I would be the teacher for the kids that are 18 months to 3 years.  Abby was supposed to be in the next class up.  Well she missed the entire year.  She would worry starting Friday about going to church and the possibility of going to class by herself.

This year we got a new primary president and she is sooo upbeat and ready to help where ever needed.  She found out that Abby missed her class all last year so she buddied up with Abby and told her that, "She really doesn't want to be in nursery because all they do is play with baby toys and wouldn't you rather be in your own class where you can see funner things."  I think Abby liked her enthusiasm and it peaked her interest.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  Is all I can say!

No comments: