Monday, February 8, 2010

Sunday

I went to church by myself yesterday.  My kids have been coughing.  
So, I left Pa at home with the little ones.
Last time I went to church without my family it was really strange.
I felt awkward and out of place.  This time, I felt the spirit so strong.
I felt enlightened.  I loved being there.

I don't really remember what each persons testimony were about.

One guy got up who just moved into the ward this past week.  He grew up in Show Low.

Another man got up and shared with us how blessed he is to have such a wonderful wife.
He said that he found out why men and women want to get married.
Women get married because they want to change the man.
Men get married because the like the woman.
He said that she changed him and he still loves her.
It was tender.

A father and husband got up and said how his wife was tired and just didn't feel like going to church that day.  He said that they had to go to church because he didn't want anyone to think he missed church because of the super bowl.  He also said how grateful he was to everyone that was at church and their example of being there and not at the super bowl game.

Another lady got up and bore her testimony of journals.

Another spoke of her love for her Heavenly Father, that she knows that he knows her by name.  That he knows each of us by name.  He knows what makes us tick, what makes us individuals.

Brand new parents got up to bare their testimonies of the gratitude of the new baby in their home.  They have waited for another baby I think she said for 9 or 10 years.  They have 2 older children but it took quite a while for them to receive this new little blessing.

Each of these people shared their testimonies of Christ.

After sacrament meeting I had a hard time talking with anyone because of the beautiful spirit that I felt.

I felt of my Heavenly Fathers love for me.  I felt a grater love for my husband.
I saw an elderly couple walk in the hallway, the husband took his wife to the restroom.  He gave her a gentle kiss as they parted.
I chuckled because I could picture Pa and I that way.  Just as old as can be but with a love that is so strong.
He is truly my best friend.

I have been thinking a lot lately about what is important and what the world thinks is important.

When we first meet a new person.  We ask the basic questions.
Where are you from?
What brought you out this way?
What kind of work are you in?
How many children do you have?

I have been thinking.
True success isn't what you have done in a profession.
True success is more what have you done in your home.
How are you raising your children?
Are you raising them to be happy and content with who they are?
Are they nice to others?
Are you nice to others?
If another is mean to them do you teach them to get sad about it?  Do you teach them to let it get to them?  Or do you teach them that others sometimes are not happy with who they are and that it is up to us to try and help them know and realize that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them?  Are they taught to be mean back or to be nice?

I wonder, what am I teaching my kids?
Are they nice?
Are they Christlike?
Do they understand how much I love them?
Am I  a good example to them?

I hope so.


No comments: