My kids go to a very unique school. It is operated out of the principal's home. I really do like it. I just found out last week that a neighbor is upset about us parents... (I haven't done this) most of the parents will pick up there child(ren) and then turn around in the neighbors driveway. I can see why she doesn't like this, the road is asphalt and the driveway is dirt. When cars pull in and out over and over again it causes the dirt to wear down making a pot hole. Now who would be okay with this? I would complain.
Police were involved and parents were upset that they were being asked to stop. Silly.
One of the mothers started to talk to me about the situation. I said that I could understand their frustration and that we should really respect their property. She said, "I don't see what the big deal is, we are just turning around!"
Why is it that so many people forget how to respect other peoples wishes? It wont hurt us to go around the block.
So, this morning I was proceeding to go around the block and a parent was behind me. I was going a decent speed. I turn on a different street than they did. As she sped up to go past me she honked. Why? I don't know. I turned on my blinker. Is the light bulb out? She was behind me from the time we left the school. There are only 80 students going to the school. Why do that to someone? It is just RUDE!! It makes me so sad that people can't just be nice. Ya know maybe she was just having a bad day, maybe she was mad at her kids or husband. Maybe she was late for work. I don't know. It was just a very RUDE thing to do.
I think that people nowadays feel that they are entitled to do what ever they please, even if it hurts someone else. Just because they want to or because they want something.
Okay, now that that is off my chest.
We ended up having spaghetti and green beans last night. Right after dinner was all cleaned up Emma came and sat on my lap and said, "Mom, I'm hungry. Can I get something to eat?" What???? Sure you can get something to eat... spaghetti is in the fridge. AARRRGH!!!
I didn't exercise this morning. I am going out visiting teaching.
I need to regroup, read the lesson. Need to bring peace to my soul. I love the sisters I get to visit with. It is always a good day when I get to visit with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment