Do you ever feel like the doctor just jumps to conclusions, just to rule out something? I wonder if Bryan is allergic is even allergic to anything, it could be just really bad gas.
I am very concerned about his constipation. Although the doc doesn't seem to be. She says that constipation is little hard balls. I say it is when one has a hard time pooping even though there is A LOT that needs to come out.
I know that Bryan did have 3 times of having a little bit of bloody spit up. I wonder if maybe he was so backed up that something could have ripped inside. She said that it is probably because he is inflamed inside. I want to trust the doc but I don't feel like she is looking at what I am looking at.
I am still off dairy, soy, eggs and nuts and I am fine with that. But for Bryan's sake, something just doesn't feel right. I can tell that his tummy is more content after nursing, but he still has times of being really gassy.
His next appointment is June 2. It feels like it is a long time away. He still has spots around his mouth. Not sure why, I am thinking maybe yeast, or clogged pores.
Wish he could talk and tell me what hurts. By the time he is old enough to talk he wont recognize what hurts because he is used to the pain.
That is, if he is having any pain.
I can tell when I am stressed or having troubles figuring things out. I just don't get much done. I am too busy pondering. I need to get out and do my visiting teaching I've missed two months and I hate that. I miss the sisters that I visit. But I still struggle making the call, figuring out how to get 4 different schedules to match... that is just for one visit. Myself, companion, sister to visit, and a sitter. Hmmm, need to do it anyway!!
4 comments:
I'm sorry for your troubles. Timmy had a hard time too (though maybe not as hard as Bryan!), but he's doing a lot better now. I hope that soon that will be the case with Bryan too. Poor little guy. However, he's blessed to have a loving, tender mama like you.
I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining. Because Bryan is my best baby so far. Really he hardly cries now. He didn't really cry before. He just get backed up. I just wonder if the doctor heard be when I said the kind of issues he is having. Maybe I am not very good at communicating?
Thank you for your kind words.
What do the spots around the mouth look like? Inside or outside? What color? White spots inside and painful nursing could mean thrush (yeast). But you said nursing was better so maybe not.
I never like to be the one that gives unsolicited advice, but I feel like I should share a couple of things that I've learned since Raya was born that have helped me. When I eliminated everything from my diet that I thought might be upsetting Raya's stomach, I was concerned that I might not be getting enough calories so I started writing down everything I ate to be sure I was eating enough. Then when she was hospitalized the first time I stopped writing about my diet and started writing down everything that we were doing with her, like feeding schedule, when she threw up or pooped (or didn't poop), when she got medications, etc. Having a written record made it a lot easier for me to be able to answer questions that the doctors asked without having to try to remember or guess. The doctor knows that I mean business and am taking my child's health problems seriously so they take me more seriously, especially when I have a written log to show what I have done to try to fix the problems.
Before every doctor appointment, I spend a few days making a list of things that I want to talk to the doctor about because if I don't, I always forget something. I go through my list of issues with the doctor and then I also write down what we talk about so I don't forget when I get home.
And last but not least, when Raya was in the hospital the first time she was having a lot of painful gas. I had been giving her mylicon a couple times a day but while we were there, the GI doctor told me to give it to her with every single feed. We did that for a long time and it seemed to help her to be more comfortable.
Again, sorry to give unsolicited advice but I hope that maybe something that has helped me might help you. Hang in there!
Post a Comment