Saturday, January 17, 2009

Update

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but when one hasn't blogged/journalized in a while it just feels like you don't know where you want to start.

CHRISTMAS:  We had a really good Christmas.  Pa and the kids were all sick with vomit and other stuff.  So we were not able to have our family come for the dinner that we had planned for. We are however very grateful that Katie was able to take over and have dinner and the family at her house.  All of the places we planned to go to they came to us.  That was a fun change.  I was actually able to clean up the "Christmas mess".

DAVID TURNED 5:  Christmas day David turned 5.  That was the day that he was most sick.  It was funny because he opened his stocking I think it was something like 4 am.  He was wide awake and he wouldn't let me or Pa sleep.  But then when it was time to open presents later that day he was so out of it.  He didn't even know what he got.  It was a few days later that he started noticing new stuff, and he would get so excited, "Look what I got!" he would say.

JACOB GOT FROSTNIP:  He was eating a popsicle and his finger was touching it for too long. He came to me screaming.  I could tell that he was in pain but didn't know it was that sever.  I took the popsicle away, washed his hand off and the skin was a bright red.  He wouldn't let me touch it.  So I put him down and didn't think much of it.  However he got a blister.  Shocked that this happened I had to find out if he had frostbite or something of that sort.  I turned to a really good book that my Mom had gotten me, Healthwise Handbook A Self-Care Guide For You By Yavapai Regional Medical Center.  This is what it said, "First degree ("frostnip"):  Skin is Whitish or Red and tingling or burning, but there is little likelihood of blistering if it is rewarmed promptly."  Who would have thought?  A popsicle???  Crazy!!

PA TOOK A TWO WEEK BREAK FROM WORK:  This is always fun, I love it when he is home. It is however a little nerve wracking to take time off because of the times.  It feels like one has to prove themselves at work just to keep their job.

WE WENT TO SHOOTING IN THE DESERT:  Poor kids loved being in the desert but didn't like the sound of the gun.  Pa loves to get out though.  We would have loved going camping however it is too cold at night especially for kids.

Kids playing with bubbles

HAD FUN AT THE PARK:  I don't know what happened but I am now in underline mode and I don't know how to fix it.


Feeding the ducks




I know there is more that has happened, but life is calling, I need to be a Mom now.
Till later. -Ma

1 comment:

Chandy said...

Great pictures!

And welcome back to blogging! I know what you mean about not blogging for a while or even blogging everyday. There's so many things to talk about but no real system to talk about it. (sigh...)

I'm glad you're updated, lol!