Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mom, What Do You Like?


About a month ago David asked, "Mom, what do you like?"  
My response, "I like you!"  
David grinned that cute grin of his and said, "Noooo Mom, what do you like?"

Me:  "Well, I like happy kids and a happy family."
David:  "No Mom, that is not what I mean.  What do you like?"
Me:  "I am going to have to think about that Dave, I can't think of what I like right now."

I have lost myself in my kids.  What do I like???  I used to like to scrapbook, don't know if I like that, now.  This is kind of morbid, but when my kids get hurt, I get excited to "doctor" it up. Don't get me wrong, this sounds bad, I really don't like it when they are hurt, I just like to fix it.  I think I would really like working in the ER.  That sounds fun.

I have been thinking about this question a lot.  "Mom, what do you like?"  Right now I just love my babies/family.  -Ma


5 comments:

Chandy said...

See, now you know me a little bit more. I love my kids so much that I count them off every time to make sure that they're all within hugging distance! :D

Lara Neves said...

It's easy to get lost in taking care of a family, isn't it?

Thanks for your comment on my blog today. I'm so sorry that it's been hard for you where you currently are. That makes me sad.

DiAnna said...

I hear you!

Lexi said...

oh i so love that last picture that you posted here! That would be a hard thing, if you asked me today... I would say shoes lol

Brandis said...

I think that's an easy thing to do. How can we not lose ourselves in the 1 thing that we dedicate 99% of our souls to? It's not a bad thing, but it's also important to not lose sight of ourselves because someday the kids will leave home and we will be extremely bored unless we know what else we like to do. :)